SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post subject: Your Personal Shivaree collection
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hey guys and girls. I'm opening this thread to share pictues of my Shivaree collection and so you guys can share your's. I know some of you have some cool stuff that i don't. I'd like to get jelouse looking at you're guy's Shivaree stuff. :mrgreen:

Anyway here is a picture of the stuff i have:

here is a good Zoom on the picture: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/750/dsc02403b.jpg

2 copies of "I Oughtta give you..." the reason for this is that I bought one one online. the other I found at a goodwill store for $1.99 and i decided to get it because it was a different print than the one I already had. The one i first got was a glossy paper for the inserts artwork and the other one is more of a carboard-ish paper.

"Rough Dreams" w/ the 'limited edition' label at bottom. I'm pretty sure this album later was relesed in the USA with a pink CD and the track listing is up and down instead of sideways. I'm not sure but the edition i have has Russian on the back (at least i think it's Russian).

"Whose got trouble?"
"Tainted Love"

2 copies of their EP "Corrupt and immoral". mainly becuase of it's limitedness and becuase i got a good deal online.

"Breach" EP

"Goodnight Moon" Maxi w/ srub and My boy lollipop.
"Bossa Nova" Maxi w/ live of I don't care and Funeral song for a dog.
"John" Maxi w/ the first version of "Fear is a man's best friend" and "the snake"

"2 Far" single. nothing special. one song, basic insert. jewel case. not cardboard sleeve.

"I close my eyes" Radio promo CD-R. I don't know if the authenticity of this one is legitimate. I bought it online along with the "2 far" single. The seller stated it was printed by the company and it was a copy that was sent to radio stations for promo. No front insert was made, just the back artwork and the CD is printed onto directly. It looks very home made.

There is a few other stuff out there I wold like to get my hands on for collector's sake (the other singles, the advanced version of rough dreams etc.). :geek:
But as of now, with what i have above, i have any officially released song of Shivaree (or so I think). :roll:

So guys, please share your pictures.

p.s. I suppose I'd mention i have lots of bootlegs not really available for purchase. a couple of DVDs that i actually got from Laurent (which are fantastic) and well, pretty much the stuff that's available around here in the forum.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Your Personal Shivaree collection
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:20 pm 

What a fantastic thread idea!

I can't quite get all of my stuff together at the moment for a picture as I have a bag leg right now, so moving round the house is hard (been to doctor's today and they're prescribed me some medicine - I'll be fine soon!)

I think we can take for granted the albums:-

I Oughtta...
Rough Dreams
Who's Got Trouble
Tainted Love...

I also have the EPs:-

Corrupt and Immoral Transmissions
Breach

Also have the two Black Sessions CDs they did for french radio (I paid £70 - yes UKP! - for the 2005 Black Sessions)

Not 100 percent sure which singles I have, but I am pretty certain I have:-

Bossa Nova
After The Prince And The Showgirl
New Casablanca (radio promo copy)

I have a copy of other nice bits that I like as well:-

A french magazine with Ambrosia on the cover and an interview with her inside
A few french Shivaree gig flyers
2 prints of US Shivaree gig posters

I promise as soon as my mobility increases, I'll do everything I can to try to get a photo of it altogether for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

WOW!!! New Cassablanca radio promo?

i would LOVE to see a picture of that!! Does it look home-made like the "i close my eyes" radio CDR that I have?

That's pretty cool. Just becuase I'm such a Shivaree sicko! I would really like to get my hands on all their singles (card board sleeves if they are one track).

here is my Shivaree wish list:
single:

after the prince and the showgirl, i close my eyes, 2 far, and cold blooded (all cardboard sleeve). If I'm not mistaken, Laurent (Trekk on this forum) has "Cold Blooded" that he bought online. It would be cool if he stopped by and sent us a picture of that single front and back. I'm really curious to see it.

I'd also like "rough dreams" advanced CD (But it's not a must have): http://cgi.ebay.com/SHIVAREE-ROUGH-DREA ... 1274wt_698

The black sessions would be cool to have also but since since they can be ridicilously expensive I've crossed them off my list and made peace with it. hehehe :mrgreen:

Here is something cool that i found on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/SHIVAREE-Goodnight- ... _500wt_949

I'ts an OFFICIAL VHS tape with Shivaree's goodnight moon video and a perfomance of Daring lousy guy. all though i don't have it clear if it's a music video of Daring lousy guy and another performance. Unfortunately, this VHS was made for Europe and its "PAL" format so i wouldn't be able to watch it in the USA player. :roll: which is a shame because it's listed really really cheap. I was thinking of buying it anyway and having it transfered to DVD by a media company but i don't know how much that would cost. So i leave the link here in case my European peeps want to buy it.

P.S, i hope your leg gets better really really soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:34 am 

How do you post pictures?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

robsoma wrote:
How do you post pictures?

you have to upload the image to a server. I used imageshack.us

1. go to imageshack.us

2. on the "upload" bar click on the "browse" button.

3. find the picture you want to post, click on it to select it and then click "ok" or "open" (depending on your computer).

4. next. you should have a blue button that says "upload now". click on it and the picture will upload.

5. once it's uploaded, it will take you to another page and give you a list of links such as:
http://imagashack.us/jaslkgjaksljklajsfkj

and i will give you lots of them.

6. copy and paste the link that says "FORUM THUMBNAIL". just copy and paste it onto your post here at the forum and it should work.

let me know if you need more help. :ugeek: :mrgreen:

By the way, we're very glad to have you in the forum. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Just though i'd dropped by and mention a little something I've added to my Shivaree collection. ;)

a couple of things actually. 1. a new poster of shivaree's "i oughtta give you" i got it on ebay. i still haven't received it so i can't upload my own photographs. but here is the poster i bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shivaree-2-sided-Pr ... 3235wt_998

2. an EP tittled "then was then and now is now" that features Ambrosia along with 5 other artists singing the songs that were later in the album "the best is yet to come: songs of cy coleman". here is a picture of the EP from a site:

http://digitalsmackdown.blogspot.com/20 ... chive.html

When i get my camera back i'll take some pictures of the back and inside. On the inside it says that Ambrosia Parsley APPEARS AS A COURTESY OF ROUNDER RECORDS. It made me a little confused as to whom Ambrosia is signed onto for her solo album.

Anyway, i have a couple few more Shivaree treasure i'm in search of. if i ever obtain them i will let you guys know. I still really want to see pictures of anyone else's rarities. so... bring them in. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:31 am 
Site Admin

FranciscoParsley wrote:

There is a few other stuff out there I wold like to get my hands on for collector's sake (the other singles, the advanced version of rough dreams etc.). :geek:
But as of now, with what i have above, i have any officially released song of Shivaree (or so I think). :roll:

I stand corrected. Apparently there is a single out there for "I Close My eyes" that has 2 tracks! It is not the 1 track single that we know (which has the version featured in the Breach EP of 4mins 10 sec). NOT THIS ONE:

I just bought the 2 track single. THIS ONE:

As you can see this one looks almost identical to the "who's got trouble" cover with the exception of the title. It says it has the two tracks, Track 1 is a "Radio Mix" with the duration of 3:36 (which is definitely not the album version that runs 3:55 and it is also not the Breach EP version that runs 4:10). So that version I've never heard. Track 2 is called "TV track" :o with a running time of 3:34 which is the length of the music video version so i imagine its the version that we hear in the video. The reason why that makes me really exited is that now we can actually put together the audio-less video with it's original track instead of the "who's got trouble" version. Apparently this is an acetate CD (master copy) not meant for sale even as a single and the tracks are only available in this promo single from the UK.

UNFORTUNATELY the picture that I've uploaded is a scan that was emailed to me by the person who sold it to me so I still don't have it in my possession. It will be a few days before I receive it in the mail. Fingers crossed that we get two new versions of "i close my eyes". Oh, and of course as soon as i get it i will share them with you at the forum.

P.S. I just bought a copy of the cold blooded single! this officially completes my Shivaree discography. I now own all the albums, both EPs and all the singles. :mrgreen: the only thing I'm missing is the "new Casablanca" single but that one was never released as a single. As mentioned above, there was just a radio promo CDR made. I'd still really wanna see a picture of that. whoever has it please, oh, please showus a picture. :!:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Follow up: Unfortunately priceminister sent me a message to tell me that the "Cold blooded" single was no longer available and cancled my order. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

On a happy note, i finally got my "I close my eyes" 2 track single. To read about it and get the songs go to the rare and unreleased songs thread here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2&p=305#p305 :!:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:04 am 
Site Admin

O.k Here is my little update on my revised Shivaree collection. I've added the poster, a VHS with the goodnight moon video and a live performance of bossa nova. All the singles including cold blooded and a two track radio promo of "i close my eyes" that has the music video version and karaoke version of the same as well as the "after the prince and the showgirl" single. I've also added the "then was then and now is now" EP which features AP's version of the cy colman track. ;) I showed it to AP on her FB account under my fake account of Andre (i don't like to have an actual facebook because it's caused me privacy issues in the past. hehehe).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:05 pm 

Great collection, you have a lot of stuff! :shock: Which CD is the one with Ambrosia smoking?

My collection consists of just one CD now unfortunately :( I can't take a photo of it atm, but it's this version of "I oughtta give you a shot...": http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=845427

I have "Rough Dreams", "Tainted Love" and "Who's Got Trouble" in digital format, if that counts :) Also in digital format I have the singles "Goodnight Moon", "Bossa Nova", "John 2/14" & "Breach".

Profile E-mail