SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post subject: New EP>> I Miss You. I Do (December 8th, 2012)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:30 am 
Site Admin

Before the full length album Weeping Cherry is released in 2013, Ambrosia is to release an E.P. We know Rubble will make it to the E.P as she shooting a music video for it. The shooting of the video will start this week. We do not yet know when the video will be released. We have heard other songs that she has played live. Let's see what makes it to the EP and what makes it to the album Weeping Cherry.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New Solo EP>> Untitled (Fall 2012)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:52 am 
Site Admin

https://twitter.com/parsley23/status/24 ... to/1/large

Here we get a first peek at new video for Rubble!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New EP>> I Miss You. I Do (December 8th, 2012)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 am 
Site Admin

Today Ambrosia confirmed that the E.P will be titled "I miss you. I do" and will be released to the pledgers on December 8th, 2012.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:27 am 
Site Admin

The exclusive E.P "I miss you. I do." Was released today. It is available DIGITALLY ONLY and ONLY to the pledgers for her upcoming album. Track list is as follows:

1. The Other Side (this is the exact same track we already know that was available for free download and will appear on the upcoming album "Weeping Cherry")
2. Whispering Pines (Completely new song)
3. Nighttime (A song we already knew and that ambrosia had shared with on facebook many many months ago).
4. Losing The Holiday (same song we had already heard posted on Ambrosia's facebook that was made by Bastard,France).
5. The Answer (This is a completely new).

So here is my review:

I'm a little disappointed overall. All the songs are fantastic. The Other Side is a great track and from the first time I heard it (around March/April of 2011) I fell in love with it. It's a bittersweet song that can have several different meanings but the one that really may not be debatable is that it is a song about loss of someone special (death, breakup etc.). Whispering Pines is a very jazzy and vocal sounding song (very much like Weeping Cherry, oddly enough both have very similar tittles. That song is accompanied by the voice of Chris Maxwell who did a great job. Nighttime is a song that we already knew (it was available at the Elegant too's site a really long time ago and then Ambrosia posted it on her wall. Overall that song is okay. I'm not very impressed though it's still a good song, it's the weakest on the EP by far (in my opinion). Nighttime is another song that also has Chris singing in it. "Losing the holiday" is a super great song. It is another track about loss or missing. It has the same momentum and distorted feeling that you get from "Rubble" and it would possibly be a twin sister to that song. Amazing track overall but sadly, to me, that is not a new track so that's one less for the so-called "exclusive" EP. hehehe The last track on this EP and my favorite is "The Answer". This track caught my ear instantly. The first 2-3 seconds sound like a song that Amy Winehouse might have sung (acutally Amy Winehouse's "wake up alone" starts almost identically) with some piano that sounds like the classic "Blue Moon" and when you give it one more seconds, the drums kick in and it gives it the the exact feeling of a waltz. In fact, THIS IS A TOTAL WALTZ. Come to think of it, the song is parenthesized with (Tim & Becky's Wedding) . Who ever these people are, they have a beautiful song to their names. This song is defiantly a love song. A very romantic love song. The kind of song that you should dim the lights to (or even turn them off), hold your boyfriend/girlfriend and just dance on repeat. Lyrically and musically, this song is very much like "Make me laugh" in the sense that is mentioning several scenarios of life that may happen and the outcome is that that person will be there fore you. I have a bad habit of comparing songs to other songs to each other but I think it helps people get the point.

Ambrosia did mention the original title to this EP was supposed to be "Four Funerals and a Wedding". That explains why four songs are sad and the last is happy love. The new title works on the exact same level "I miss you" is the four funerals and the "I do" is the wedding but the the entire tile put together just reinforces the first statement. What a clever girl she is.

Overall, this EP is a 5 out of 5 star. My only disappointment came from only getting 2 REAL exclusive tracks (Whispering Pines and The Answer). Because I follow this woman so close, the other songs were no longer new and definitely NOT exclusive as they are already available to everyone before. Also, even though it's normal, it kinda sucks that "The other side" will take up space in the upcoming album when another song could take its place. I don't know how much Ambrosia recorded but I hope numbers are not a factor on the next album and she can find it within herself to release most or all of what she has been recording because its been too long.

To finish up, it's nice to see Danny McGough in the credits.

Go pledge people and get this EP. You want it!

For those of you who heard it, tell me what you think :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:06 am 
Site Admin

"The Answer" (lyrics)

"Yes". Right here, right now and yesterday and anyhow
When the water is low, when there is far to go
When the phone doesn’t ring, the answer is never “No”.

And there’s dreams when I can’t catch my breath,
When life is sweet, when there is nothing left,
When my hands are tied, when my hair is a mess
When worlds collide, you’ll never have to guess.

There is no “unless“, no undoing it all,
No denying, no chance at all.
When I confess, love, the answer is “YES”.

And there’s dreams when I can’t catch my breath,
When life is sweet, when there is nothing left,
When my hands are tied, when my hair is a mess
When worlds collide, you’ll never have to guess.

There is no “unless“, no undoing it all,
No denying, no chance at all.
Well I confess, love, the answer is “YES”.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

The E.P is now available for free streaming and free download on this website:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/av/2 ... -i-do.html

Enjoy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:18 pm 

Couldn't agree more.

'The Answer' is the only song I have been listening to for the past month since the EP was released, and, I actually danced to it with my fiancee, we're practicing dancing for our engagement do and we both agreed that this would be the perfect song for our wedding (seeing as it was produced for a wedding, it is quite fitting).

Awesome to see that there is an active forum dedicated to Shivaree and Ambrosia Parsley, only wish I had taken the initiative to find it earlier, I hate to think about all the things I have missed by not being on these boards.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:32 am 
Site Admin

Hi Neel!

It's fantastic to have you on board. And a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS WITH YOUR UPCOMING WEDDING. I wish nothing but the best for you both.

Well, provided that Ambrosia Doesn't delay the album again, it should come out in March. There should be lots to come and hopefully a lot more songs. As for missing out on other things on the forum, don't forget that I slit the forum into two different section for this very reason.

viewforum.php?f=1

This allows new comers to really go back and check out topics previously discussed, download links etc. in a very organized fashion. Definitely browse around. Some download links may be dead but just shoot me a private message and we'll see how we can help you out.

Anyway, WELCOME!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm 

Thanks mate,

I'll have a browse through the forums and catch up on all things AP.

Cheers!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm 

Hi, do you know if it's possible to download this ep now from anywhere? I missed the news and now all the links for the download are dead.

Edit -- nevermind, found the streaming album. For some reason, Firefox was blocking the pastermagazine page, but I managed to open it with another browser.

Beautiful songs, especially Nighttime.

Profile E-mail