SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ambrosia Sings the news
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:33 am 
Site Admin

As some of you might know, around 2005 Ambrosia Parsley used to do small bits on 'Air America Radio' recapping the news for that week by singing them. I have never ever ever been able to find any audio's on this and only know this through online "research" :geek: .

If anyone has any information on this or would like to share some audios please post here. or simply if you wanna talk about how desperately you want to have them. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ambrosia Sings the news
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:17 am 
Site Admin

I've been searching like crazy and i'll i find is articles. i have not yet found any audios of this complete mastery. this is like finding the holy grail. It's crazy that NO ONE has any audios of this... I'm going to try to contact the radio station that used to air it and see if they hold any old archives. Wish me luck guys, i'll be spending much time to get a hold of someone who can gives us any info.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:23 am 
Site Admin

I wrote and email to Radio America On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM, and GOT A REPLY WITH GOOD NEWS!!!!
here is my email in the violet:
Hello, I've been searching on the website for archives of an old show called "Ambrosia sings the news". It was a show where singer Ambrosia Parsley recaps the news of the week (every Friday morning) by singing them. It aired in 2005. I was wondering if Air American Radio holds any old archives. If so, are they available for purchase or how can i get a hold of them?

Thank you.

Francisco Partida

AND HERE IS THEIR REPLY TO MY EMAIL on January 6th 2010:

Hi Francisco. It was part of the old "Unfiltered" show. We don't
have any public archived available at the moment, but we will be
posting a complete archive of almost every Air America show ever very
soon. So please stay tuned!

Thanks,

Bob Drummond
Air America Support

---
Air America Media
Listen live: http://www.airamerica.com/listen
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/airamericamedia

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D I've written back to him and asked what the estimate wait is for the archives to be loaded. if weeks or months. hopefully he'll reply soon with news. It looks like I'm getting somewhere with these guys so hopefully we'll hear ambrosia sings the news very soon. :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

I also wanted to mentioned that I found out that besides the "ambrosia sings the news" segments she did a SINGLE exclusively for iTunes called "2004: The Year in Review – For Anyone Who Can Bear the Mere Thought". I checked on iTunes and they don't have it anymore. I'll keep searching and see what I find. part of the article where that is mentioned:

Quentin Tarantino chose "Goodnight Moon" to close Kill Bill, Volume 2, exposing the song to a wide audience and no doubt selling a lot of Shivaree albums in the process. Around the same time, Parsley was hired by the fledgling left-wing radio network Air America to provide a weekly musical recap of the week's news. Ambrosia Sings the News became one of Air America's most popular features, which helped the band as well.(An exclusive Ambrosia Sings the News single, "2004: The Year in Review – For Anyone Who Can Bear the Mere Thought," was sold via iTunes.)

Here is the entire article in case anyone wants to read it:

http://www.trouserpress.com/entry.php?a=shivaree

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:05 pm 

Fransisco : THANKS A LOT ..!! IT'S A BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE !!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:51 am 
Site Admin

This won't be new to you Laurent but I'm posting it here for download for any visitors that come around to the forum.
This download link is for the song "2004 (The Year In Review...For Anyone Who Can Bear the Mere Thought)".

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F89TJI2M

I want to pay respected THANK YOUs to the guy who got it for me. His name is Steve Murphy. I don't know him but I'm sure he's a great guy (i mean, he has to be since he was so nice to share this treasure with us). By the way... he told me that when he downloaded the song from iTunes it was listed as Shivaree NOT Ambrosia Parsley so this is probably the band as a whole (although i have seen that mistake made before in amazon.com for her song "everybody came". it was listed as Shivaree when it really was just Ambrosia). Well, not like it matters that much, i just thought i'd mention that. ;) Thanks again to Steve.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:17 am 
Site Admin

:o :o :o I have very very bad news!!! :o :o :o

Air America, the radio station that used to air "Ambrosia sings the news" is filing bankruptcy and IS GOING OFF THE AIR on January 25th, 2010!!!
here is their OFFICIAL communication to the public:
http://airamerica.com/

and here is an article about it from the Los Angeles Times:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... 4003.story

The reason why i post this is that through an email i was told that they would post archives of "Ambrosia Sings the news" on their website but now its not even up. I'm guessing they knew that they would be closing since a couple of months back so i don't know why they would have told me that they planned to place archives. Unless....

they plan on placing the files on the website for people to listen even though they will no longer air on the radio. I REALLY HOPE THIS IS THE CASE other wise we will never ever hear "A.S.T.N" :cry: :cry: :cry:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:19 am 

Francisco, I'd like to thank you for posting the iTunes exclusive track; I've been looking for that for at least three years. Anyway, I'm an old Air America Radio fan, and I have copies of most -- if not all -- of Ambrosia appearances on Unfiltered, plus a 2007 appearance she made on The Rachel Maddow Show. I'll make arrangements to have these posted in a few days.

BTW, is there any way to get the rare, unreleased songs, as well as the Black Sessions bootlegs on MP3? I tried downloading them, but my computer doesn't recognize RAR, and the other download sites are in French.

Anyway, I'll be in touch.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

OMG!!! Joe WELCOME TO THE FORUM. Joe that would be awesome!!! I would love it if you could upload all the unfiltered Ambrosia songs. as far as downloading the Unreleased songs and black sessions.... we've posted them ALL HERE (in their respected categories). Here you can download "WinRAR" to decompress the RAR files

http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-64-bit/ ... ?tag=mncol

its FREE, its a very very small file and it takes like 2 minutes to install. Try it and if you have any problems send me personal message and I'd be more than glad to help you out with it.

Again, Welcome and I'll be desperately waiting for your uploads :mrgreen:

Thank you thank you thank you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:14 am 
Site Admin

Joe Money wrote:
Anyway, I'm an old Air America Radio fan, and I have copies of most -- if not all -- of Ambrosia appearances on Unfiltered, plus a 2007 appearance she made on The Rachel Maddow Show.

Around how many are there? i'm so curious about these. did you record them off the radio onto a tape or do you have them as digital files on your computer?

Profile E-mail