SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ambrosia Parsley (Solo Work and Solo Album)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:44 pm 

Heya

I found a way to download the audio tracks off of youtube clips and I used it on the Mystery Spot clips and a couple other. I have them here

http://www.mediafire.com/?d7nki11n8w1ud

Enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ambrosia Parsley Solo Work and Collaborations (NOT ALBUM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 pm 

Hi,

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I was wondering if anyone still has a download link to the two Sara P. Smith songs (Morning Light & Counting)? The link on the first page is dead.

Thanks in advance!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi and welcome! Sorry about the late reply. The forum hasn't had much movement in a while so I didn't check it as often.

Here is counting:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VL3OIENL

Here is morning light:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1362X6QQ

Both are great songs. There is another Ambrosia song out there that we dont' have yet. I'm in the process of getting it. As soon as I have it, I'll share it with you :) I think the song is called "superliner". It was released in a solo album by Duke Mcvinnie (her old band mate from Shivaree). If anyone has it now, do share :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:46 pm 

Hello, thanks for the welcome! :)

Thank you very very much for the songs! :)

Looking forward to the other track too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:19 am 
Site Admin

You are most welcome. Stay tuned. Hopefully in the next week or so, I'll have some news on that song. Plus, Ambrosia will be releasing the album this year apparently. We haven't that much to go. She's been taking a while. Hopefully it will have more songs then the Shivaree albums.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:48 am 

Thanks! Yeah, I read somewhere at Last.fm that she will be releasing a solo album. Such exciting news. Her voice is so wonderful and unique. I'm in love with her rendition of 'Then was then and now is now'. It's a shame that the only song most people relate to her is 'Goodnight Moon' - a great song, but there's so much more about Shivaree and Ambrosia to discover and love!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:09 am 
Site Admin

100000% Agree! Then was then and now is now is most definitely the best song on that album followed by "why try to change me now" by Fionna Apple. Obviously it's subjective :)

As far as the news on her album...It's been very strange and almost hard to trust no matter where it comes from (even from Ambrosia herself). When I bought the album Tainted love by shivaree it had a tiny commercial slip that announced Ambrosia's solo album for the spring of 2008. Here we are, 4 years later, and still nothing. Ambrosia said in fall of 2010 that she would finish in January and was hoping for a spring release in 2011 and still nothing. Ambrosia has recently posted on her facebook that it's coming "soon" but we just can't tell what "soon" really means. I really do anticipate there will be an album before the end of the year based on her mentioning the album a couple of times recently on her facebook.

What bothers me a little is that she has slowly been releasing material and i seems we may not get much new material by the time it's released. We've heard:
my knees, the waltz, weeping cherry, rubble, the other side, my world (a clip) and make me laugh (a clip) and if all these songs make it to the album, we will not have many "new" songs for the album. I really hope there is at the very least 14 songs on the album. I'm asking for a lot considering Shivaree albums had 10-12 :(

Lets see what happens. I would really like to see "girls: must be single..." make it to the album though I doubt it. fingers crossed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:26 pm 

Ah right! Well let's hope that soon will be literally soon now :)

To be honest, I don't mind that much knowing the songs beforehand. It's always different when I listen to the full album! Once I tried to not listen to anything from a certain band till their then upcoming album's release, but in the end I gave up and listened to some snippets, lol. But then getting the album and listening to it's entirety was quite different.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:20 am 
Site Admin

That is true for me as well. to a point.

I discovered Shivaree through "goodnight moon" on kill bill. Once i had fallen in love with that voice, i started looking out more songs. Once i liked a few, threw down my money and bought all 3 (at that time) albums. When i started discovering unreleased songs in singles and EPs, i spent even MORE money on those always hoping to hear more new material. :lol: I have then slowly buying all that i can get my hands on at a reasonable price. All though I spent $47 american dollars on the "Cold Blooded" single. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o I still can't believe it! That is definitely the rarest of any Shivaree releases. Anyway, needless to say, i became a Shivaree/Ambrosia junkie and created this forum. hahahahah

Anyway, point of is that when i finally got the albums, for a long time, i would skip over the songs that i had already heard. Not because they weren't good, but because i wanted to here something NEW. I'm afraid that there won't be much new material.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:10 pm 

Hmm yeah, I see what you mean. From a fan's perspective, it's very understandable! Not to this degree, but it happens to me too sometimes with artists that I like but haven't produced a lot of stuff. I always want new things lol. In these cases, I look for bootlegs and/or live recordings. Some artists are very creative in their live performances and can make the same songs that you know sound like totally new.

Ah so you discovered them thanks to Kill Bill. Well I had no idea this song was featured there, can you imagine. I knew the movie, but never saw it, so I didn't know. I knew Goodnight Moon from many years before (now that I think about it, not too long after it was released!). I bought "I Oughtta Give You A Shot..." a couple of years later, and also the single of Goodnight Moon. The funny thing is, I hadn't listened to Shivaree for a really long time, nearly had forgotten about them! Then all of a sudden I remembered them and to my frustration I found out I had lost the GM single :o I have no idea where the hell it disappeared into :cry: But the best part is, when I remembered about them, I soon came across the news that Ambrosia was releasing solo stuff! Now wasn't that a wicked co-incidence! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next