SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ambrosia Parsley (Solo Work and Solo Album)
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:05 am 
Site Admin

Here are the lyrics to "Rubble".

I keep my closets closed
It's silly I suppose but no one really knows
And I can’t help it
But I feel like he’s on his way
And I’m in so, so much trouble.

I never rest my head
Too close to the head of the bed.
Well I’m guessing he knows what I did.
I’m afraid they will put me down with the rubble... with the rubble.

I know it won’t be long.
Until I’m here and then I’m gone.
There’ll be no heart to rest your head upon.
Look away when they put me down with the rubble…with the rubble.

p.s.... i wrote them myself by ear so if there are any corrections please post them. Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:52 am 

OH MY GOD !!!!!! A NEW SONG !! Beautiful !! I'm very excited by the album ! Lani Levine is certainly
Of Laura Levine's family.. Her sister ??

Thanks a lot for the lyrics Fransisco. See you later for news...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:19 am 
Site Admin

Just a couple thoughts (since i have nothing better to do right now :oops: )....

1) I would actually like it if Ambrosia included some of the songs she has lingering out there without an actual/official release such as "Girls: must be..." and i also think it would kinda cool (although i doubt it will actually happen) if she put in "then was then..." along with others so we can have them as part of her album. On the other hand, knowing how Shivaree worked, they only put like 11 songs on a CD and the songs are sometimes really short. If she were to put in songs that we already know, it would leave so little room for new material to be included. So all in all it might be bad for us if she does include older songs.
Ambrosia had said in an interview a long time ago that there were many songs that were often not picked to go on the Shivaree albums. I'm wondering if she will use some of that material ( i can't imagine Duke and Danny would care) and I'm wondering if either one or both will work with her on this album at least for a track or two. Plus, the album was already delayed more than 2 years so i'm guessing she had plenty of time to write lots of great songs.

2) As far as "Rubble".... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I THINK WE ARE BEHOLDING THE FIRST SINGLE FROM THE NEW ALBUM.

3) I'm still really curious to hear that song that Ambrosia talked about a few times. it was the song about the woman who fantasized about a man breaking into her home and killing her so she paid a man to actually do it (on an uncertain date so she didn't know what day he would come) and he ended up killing her. It never made it onto the Shivaree CD becuase of its strange content and because of where the idea came from. I came to think that "Rubble" might be that song (telling the woman's thoughts of fear and anticipation awaiting the man who would murder her). But who knows (the lyrics kinda fit). i might just be me interpreting the song that way and this might not be that song at all.

Any thoughts?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

By the way... i just wanted to mention (i just noticed it) that twitter account parsley23 had posted this:

:arrow: Ambrosia Parsley's new single 'rubble', free download, new free love <3 http://ambrosiaparsley.net/ #nowplaying #ambrosiaparsley #shivaree
8:05 AM Apr 26th via web

why do i mention that? i came to my attention that We didn't actually find out about the song until a month later (or possibly more). So it is a single and will definitely be on the new album. The good news is that it's already been a month since it became available which indicates an album very very soon. i thinking we'll have an album by end of June or July.

On the flip side of that... that last tweet on that account said:

:arrow: this is Lani and I have word Ambrosia will be in the studio next week. I'll try and get her to tweet y'all herself =)
8:20 AM May 21st via web

which indicates that Ambrosia may still be recording and it might be longer for the album to be finished. or she may just be in there to give it's final touches. a professional album can take about 1-months to record (if the artist knows what the songs should sound like) and anywhere between 5-9 months if the the artist keeps altering the songs as the album progresses. Ambrosia has had over two years to do this so i really hope she's just finishing up. A couple of pictures and hopefully lyrics (but i doubt it) will be done and printed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:01 am 
Site Admin

New Tweets with not much info....

I asked Lani if she new about a possible release date for the album and she tweeted this:

:arrow: it's so up in the air! i'll ask her and get her to tweet from the studio this week but pretty sure there is no date yet.

that message was sent to me at about 5:14pm central standar time of the USA on may 24, 2010.

so she will be in the studio this week with Ambrosia and if she doesn't want to be too secretive she might tell us!!

cross your fingers and and pray that she tells us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

Lates tweet from Lani to me says:

:arrow: OMG! what is the link for the forum? that's so cool. i promise to get you info ASAP

about 9:40amcst on may 25, 2010

I asked her to stop by the forum and possibly join us. we'll see how that goes!!! so exicted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:34 pm 

Yeeeaahh !! I'm So excited too... !! I'm waiting for this new album since 5 years !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

Just found out that The Elegant Too (composed of CHRIS MAXWELL and Phil Hernandez) also worked on "Rubble". They seem to really like Shivaree and Ambrosia since they have worked with them so many times. They also worked on Ambrosia's "Girls: must be single" and "night time" and Shivaree "all because you told me so" and "john, 2/14". I really like what they do and its looks like they'll be working with her a lot so lots of good things will come on this new album.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:51 pm 

Bugger!!! I thought I had some hot news and I'm the last to party. Teach me to pay attention more. Damn good news though.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Donald wrote:
Bugger!!! I thought I had some hot news and I'm the last to party. Teach me to pay attention more. Damn good news though.....

:lol: you gotta visit us more often Donald. looks like we'll be getting news very soon. I think we've all been waiting for something like this in a very very long time.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next