SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Solo Album>> Weeping Cherry (Fall Release)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:23 am 
Site Admin

A little music video was posted on Ambrosia's official website for the song "Weeping Cherry" which she states is the working title for her album. This album still has no release date though she continues to state on facebook that it's coming soon. She and I have two very different opinions on what "soon" means. :lol:

Anyway here is the video:
http://ambrosiaparsley.net/web/category/news/

same video on the youtube URL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw2H8w-x ... r_embedded

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Solo Album>> Weeping Cherry (January 2013)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:02 am 
Site Admin

Some news about the new album: According to Ambrosia the album (as of now) has a tentative date of release for January of 2013. She also commented that Shivaree band mates have contributed on her solo album by stating "Most all the lads left breathing are accounted for on the new record."
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's nice to know that we will still have this sound as good as before.

On a side note:
Currently we can also assume that there is some financial "difficulties" as the cause of the album release delay. She will be starting a "pledge campaign" which means that she will be asking for donations to help the release of the new album.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

It is now official. The album will be manufactured and released by January of 2013. The pledge campaign reached its goal withing less than 48 hours. I believe the amount needed to be raised for the manufacturing was $7500. You may still contribute/donate and get some pretty neat prices. Once which is great is a signed CD, exclusive EPs, Ambrosia sings the news in high quality etc. We encourage you to donate here:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/amb ... ce=twitter

I believe the end date is sometime in August so go for it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

Ambrosia mentioned that she wants to at least tour in the USA. The album is funded but please pledge anything you can as she will have to fund some touring. Make this happen people. Thanks again for all your support. Even though it's over 100%, you can still help out:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/amb ... ce=twitter

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:45 pm 
Site Admin

Message from Ambrosia on Facebook 07/03/12

Dear friends,

I've been getting lots of questions from some of you about the pledge process, our record and my plan/timeline regarding release and pledge fulfillment. So i thought maybe i'd just let you, my business partners, in on what I'm thinking.

First, I'm sensing that some of you are unclear as to the rules of the game of Pledge and as it was all new to me just a couple months ago, trust me, I can sympathize. Here's the deal: The Pledge is not done once you reach 100%. Every Pledge campaign gets at least sixty days to raise as much money as they can. If one does not reach their target goal(i actually set mine quite low as i was afraid, after a 7-year sabbatical, that only my parents and a gaggle of drinking buddies would turn up. Have i mentioned how unspeakably touched i am by your support?...again, THANKYOU), they don't get any money at all. When someone does reach goal (again--thank you so much) they then have not only the remainder of their sixty days to raise more money (no, not to buy shoes, but to invest in marketing, publicity, artwork, musicians, etc so that the work is hopefully not only worthy of the 7-year wait, but the world actually knows that it exists), and to support their favorite charity (in this case Planned Parenthood) as 10% of every penny earned post-goal goes directly to them.

Bottom line--I can't thank you enough, but as i'm now aiming for at least 200%, please continue to share the link w/friends, do some early Christmas shopping, etc. Have i said thanks? I mean it! As i write this, my mom is completing her fifth hat, i'm putting the early touches on the cookbook, cutting lots of heads in preparation for our big online shearing, etc. Fulfillment starts NOW. some of you will get prizes in the mail in the next couple weeks, some of you will be waiting til the leaves turn, but i promise you: Every pledge will be lovingly fulfilled.

Alrighty, in my crystal ball(I'm totally dressed like Stevie Nicks today), i see.....

1)August---complete recording of EP
2)September--release exclusive EP to pledge partners; shoot "Rubble" video (so excited about this, and i HATE making videos)
3)October --release of vid/track from "Weeping Cherry"; final touches on album and artwork
4)November--finish up pledge fulfillment
5)December--hang out w/friends and family, drink fizzy holiday things
6)Jan/Feb--"Weeping Cherry" release

Much love & we'll talk again soon,
AP

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:58 am 
Site Admin

Shooting for "Rubble" video began a couple of days ago. I'm assuming the recording is done and it's all about editing it now. That usually takes a couple of weeks (depending on how quickly they are working on it). Ambrosia's messages wasn't 100% clear on whether "Rubble" Will be a track on the E.P or the first single from the full length album "Weeping Cherry". Let's see what happens.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Solo Album>> Weeping Cherry (March 2013)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:53 am 
Site Admin

Okay, the EP came out today and based on the track list and some of the information on the credits, the following its a fact:

Weeping Cherry confirmed tracks are "The other side", "Weeping Cherry" and "Rubble". Tracks we already know and did not make it to the E.P are "The waltz", "make me laugh", and "My knees", "Catalina", and "Empire". These songs have been played live so they might make it to the album. If they don't, there is more material some of us will never here (unless on tour).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:03 pm 

Is the album officially out yet? And by the way, do you know if there's a way to get it if you had not been involved in the pledge process? I had no idea about that and missed everything it seems.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

No. The album is not officially out yet. It's actually not out at all. The only thing we have had so far is a digital release of her E.P. I believe the album will be available even if you did not get involved in the pledge process. The pledge is basically done to raise funds to manufacture the physical release. The album has been done for well over 2 years and it was kinda just sitting there. Now that the pledge campaign has reached its goal, it's just a matter of her finding the right time and strategy for release.

It's hard to say what it is exactly that she is waiting for. Perhaps she is working on promotion. I know she wanted to do a tour at least in the USA. So I guess to answer your question, Yes, you will be able to still get the album. We encourage you to get involved in the pledge because it shows direct support and show the amount of people still waiting for her music.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:57 pm 

Thanks for the info, and sorry for the late reply!
So apparently she's going to release the album in autumn? I think I read this somewhere, she was replying to a fan and told him something about an autumn release date.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next