SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ambrosia Parsley SOLO ALBUM (Spring 2011)!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, I'm sure she didn't say that. :lol: :lol:

I actually feel bad for not sharing it since I'm really appreciative everyones contribution to the forum. But I think I would feel worse if I did share it. :roll: I would be a bad fan, you know? hehehe

Anyway, about the Skype... That would be pretty cool. Liane just had a SUPER COOL IDEA! But I was actually thinking the following: Get a twitter account if you don't already have one, subscribe to Ambrosia's twitter and we can request for her to do a twit-cam chat with her fans. she can give us a few days notice and we can log in the day of and chat with her.

This would be a more "normal" thing to do. :) I don't wanna scare her away by asking to have a one-on-one camera chat. :lol: A twit-cam is done a lot by many musicians with their fans and it would give all of us an opportunity to ask her questions.

It's try it. go get your twitters. :geek:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Guys and Girls! I have even more fantastic news for you lovely people....

AMBROSIA PARSLEY AGREED TO DO A TWIT-CAM CHAT WITH US IN EARLY FEBRUARY!!

I twitted to her saying "how about a twit-cam chat with your fans in the near future? just let us know a good week in advance and we'll be there. :)"

and Today at 9 am she sent me a reply saying "@partidaf Of course dear. Perhaps early February? Happy Christmas to you and your sister.xo"

So it's on! If you don't have a twitter account, GET ONE! follow parsley23 a.s.a.p! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:20 pm 

Hey - don't feel bad about not sharing the track ; you've given your word to Ambrosia to keep it to yourself - the rest of us are going to have to wait it out and keep our patience! Personally, I am just looking forward to all the new material when it is released next year...it's not *that* long to go now...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:54 pm 

Hi Fransisco. Thanks a lot for these good news.

The album is finished since January, but you know the release date?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am 
Site Admin

Well, Ambrosia had said that they would be finishing up in January and hoping for a spring release. But, I don't think they are quite done yet. I have a feeling that the new song "My World" that is featured in the Juicy Couture commercial will be on Ambrosia's new album. This I'm not sure about, but if the song will be included then that means they are not all done as Phil Hernandez (part of the ElegantToo) told me they were still working on the mix for the song. Still I think they should be nearly done by the end of February.

Most record companies release albums within 2-3 months after it is finished as that's approximately the time that it takes to have all the copies made to be shipped out to different stores. That means we can potentially have the album between April and May. But please remember that some record labels sometimes hold the album and will release it at a time that would increase sales potentials (this usually means fall or winter). This is mostly done by MAJOR record companies and Ambrosia is now with Chrysalis Music (which is Independent) so I don't think that will happen to this album. But I read somewhere that in November of 2010 Chrysalis Music was sold to BMG (one of the biggest labels in the world). I don't know if that means good news for Ambrosia or not.

In short, no confirmed release date yet but we can pretty much guess it will in April or May. I will try to find out and get back to you as soon as info is available.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:45 pm 

Let me congratulate you for your great great work my friend
im a big shivaree fan form Mexico, as you may know here just a few persons know about them, but i am spreading the word!
I can not wait to hear the new material!!

thank you for this forum!!

Regards

Gerardo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

jerry_batacas wrote:
Let me congratulate you for your great great work my friend
im a big shivaree fan form Mexico, as you may know here just a few persons know about them, but i am spreading the word!
I can not wait to hear the new material!!

thank you for this forum!!

Regards

Gerardo

Hola Gerado! I"m glad you like the forum.

I'm also from Mexico! (the state of Michoacan). Its so great to have you on the forum. We have a pretty good blend then. We have a couple of guys from France on the forum as well as some who've had the pleasure of seeing Shivaree live. Be sure to go through the forum in detail so you can catch up on any shivaree/Ambrosia songs, videos, or other material that you don't have (if you need to). I'll actually share your congratulations with everyone at the forum because a lot of the very rare material was contributed by them.

glad to have you on the forum. stay tuned. I'm sure we'll see some ambrosia news very very soon.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Solo Album>> Untittled (Spring Release)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi guys, I found this Article and i wanted to share it with you. It talks a little bit aobut the album. It mentions that "Weeping Cherry" might be the tittle of this album.

http://www.directcurrentmusic.com/music ... rsley.html

here is another article but it's in French. Would any of our French fans give us a quick summary? here is the article:

http://www.hellocoton.fr/ambrosia-parsl ... de-2484392 :|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:35 am 
Site Admin

Thanks to a set list posted by Rob, we can have a pretty decent list as far as a potential track list for the new album.

Rubble
Weeping Cherry
The other side
Catalina
Empire
My Knees
The Waltz
Make me laugh
My World

Personally I would be thrilled if "Girls: must be single and very pretty" was added to the album. That track is just too rare. It's a beautiful song and all i got is a streaming-audio-rip from the esopus magazine website. That magazine now costs like 70 dollars just for one song that i want from it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: It would be a dream to find a lossless (FLAC) rip of that song right from the CD instead of an mp3 from the a media player. :roll:

i supposed using the new album strictly for NEW songs would be the best case senario but we got to get that songs somewhere. hehehe

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:25 am 

I have not been on here in ages. Sorry! It's just that my computer has been slow for months(hopefully fixed this weekend-engineer coming out), it' s just that I have only been able to read and that's all, no YouTube or downloading as it takes too long. A typical 30 minute update for example has been taking me 24 hours to complete.
This has impacted me in my participation of this forum and on the Cerys Forum I used to be so active on.
I will be sure to check out so much more when it is finally fixed.
Anyway any more news of the new album release date or name?
Paul.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next