SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shivaree Live
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:28 pm 

Hello everyone - I am a long time Shivaree fan and am slightly ashamed that it took me this long to find this forum - I only became aware of it through the link at the bottom of the Wikipedia article.

Looking through the forum, it strikes me that there is nowhere to discuss occasions when we've seen Shivaree performing live.

I have only had the pleasure of doing so twice - in April 2005 ; within the space of 3 days, I saw them at The Sugar Club in Dublin and at Water Rats in London. The band picture used to illustrate Shivaree on Wikipedia was taken by me at the London gig and it's the only one I took during that set - I had just got a new camera and didn't know how to turn the flash off on it ; on taking the picture, Ambrosia briefly looked at me for a moment as if to say "ouch - you hurt my eyes a bit there, kiddo" = and I didn't user the camera for the rest of the set ;-)

There was scheduled to be another tour in Europe the following year - but I believe it was about the time Ambrosia became pregnant so it was obviously cancelled. I bought tickets to all 3 of the UK gigs - I think they were scheduled for Borderline in London, Night and Day cafe in Manchester and some venue in Glasgow that I do not recall...I was given the option of sending the tickets back for refund but I couldn't face sending the tickets back ;-)

So - have you had the good fortune to have ever seen Shivaree perform live and if so, where and when?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Shivaree Live
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:05 am 
Site Admin

Hi Euler! I super happy to have you on board. :mrgreen: I started this forum only in january (i think) so it's fairly new. As soon as i had it up and running i posted it at the bottom of the Wikipedia page for this exact reason. Its horrible that there aren't many Shivaree fan sites and forums.

First off, thank you for opening this topic. it was needed and obviously i didn't think of it.
About your actual post.... I must say i'm super jealous that you got to see them live. I live in USA so they aren't as popular here as they are in Europe (seriously, Europe has a waaaayyyy better taste in music than we do here :oops: ) so I've never had the PRIVILEGE/HONOR/LUCK to ever see them. Unfortunately i think they split up now so I just have the hopes that i get to see Ambrosia solo live one day.

I also want to hear about other's experiences of Shivaree live.

And again, Euler, welcome and we hope you visit us very often.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:56 am 
Site Admin

Hey Guys, just giving a quick note becuase Laura Levine (owner of Mistery Spot antique shop) wrote to me telling me that Ambrosia will be performing at her porch again on October 10th 2010.

I wrote to her asking when Ambrosia will be there again and that's what she told me. I'm now talking to some friends about going to NY and with some luck i'll get to see Ambrosia perform in person and with all the luck in the world I'll meet her.

I have many questions for her. hahahaa

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:44 pm 

Ahh - do keep us posted on this - I am on totally the wrong side of the Atlantic for this! :-(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

AP had a small live show in NY to celebrate her friend's new album release. It's the same guy from the band White Hassle. They worked together before when they made the song "You'd be surprised" for their album.

She didn't want to reveal what song would be played at nigh by saying "she was still unsure what songs would be played".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:15 am 

Great website. Long time fan here! Saw them at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco. They were opening for Clem Snide. It was a magical set. Sadly that was the last time I remember hearing of them on the left coast. Happily pledging AP's new album and hungry for new tunes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 am 
Site Admin

welcome tikimon. Happy to have you here. I too cannot wait for the new album.

Profile E-mail