SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Singles, Maxi, EPs, Black Sessions....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:11 am 
Site Admin

FINALLY I HAVE IT DONE!!! :roll: :oops:
O.k, just to review for anyone catching up. This is the same radio show done in 1999 called "the open road". I've ripped the audio from the website that had it streaming. Now, i have INCREASED the audio volume and normalization to make it better sounding. The difference is very noticeable FOR THE BETTER but DO NOT expect CD/studio quality because the the raw material was not the best. Also, I've used other software to cut the entire show into different sections to make the songs and the interview parts more accessible. This will be a more pleasant experience for listening and putting on a CD. Here is the download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KL05A5UP

By the way... Since the above now exists, I've taken down the previous link from the forum so no one downloads it without knowing the existence of this one first. if anyone is interested in downloading the RAW, UNCUT, UNTOUCHED version of the show here is the link (just beware that the quality is worse than the "revised" one above):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PALSELBG

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:44 am 

Thanks a lot Fransisco, beautiful work !!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:22 am 
Site Admin

I'm glad it was to your liking. I wanted to be very very precises when cutting the tracks. i needed them to be able to stand on their own but also wanted to make sure that they still sound like they belong with the rest. i don't know if you know what i mean. :? i can go on some crazy rants. :D

but yeah... you're welcome. It's the least i can do after all you've posted here. so Thank YOU.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:31 pm 

Do you know this single ?

www.priceminister.com/image?action=slideshow&prdfamilycode=200&prdimageid=731420658&productid=60043894

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 am 
Site Admin

NO! I did not know that there were any singles done for this album. :o
that is way cool. It's strange that they chose "cold blooded" for a single. It's a good song but in my opinion "Paradise" is THE song of the album. It has that "new casablanca"/"I don't care" feel to it. Anyway....I surprises me even more is that "half on a baby" is the b-side on the single. If it would be my way i would have chosen "paradise" for a single and i would have put 2 more UNRELEASED tracks to make it the maxi single for the album. first album had "goodnight moon" w/ scrub and lollipop. second album had "john 2/14" w/ fear is a mans best friend and snake. third album didn't have one but it had "breach" which to me is almost a maxi for the song "i close my eyes" w/ strange boat and 657 bed B. The fourth album should have followed tradition but i'm not surprised because they didn't even make a music video for any song at all.

Thanks for sharing. i wonder how hard it is to get that CD. i'm a shivaree freak and i would love to get my hands on that. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:00 am 

The last album Ambrosia had said that it was to indulge itself but that she shall not turn to promote it. I bought this single on priceminister. I am going to try to find those who miss me. Thank you for information

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:41 am 
Site Admin

Normally the bands don't' have too much say on the promotion of the albums. The record company usually takes over and promotes it because they need to make money. i wonder if they had exclusivity to this one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:12 am 

In FRance, here's a lot of promotion for the others albums.. (show tv, radio etc etc...) but not for TAINTED LOVE... Just 2 show tv ("La musicale" and "Taratata")

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:44 am 

I found a radio show from KEXP (Seattle) on 13 January 2005.

You can listen 4 tracks at this URL :

http://kexp.org/live/liveperformance.aspx?rID=14513

But i don't know how extract these songs for make a cd.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:05 am 
Site Admin

it looks like it's 3 tracks "lost in a dream", "Mexican boyfriend" and "i close my eyes".
the one titled "full performance is the entire radio show which includes those tracks. Oh, and don't worry about extracting the audio. I have a magnificent tool on my computer that will do that with IDENTICAL QUALITY to that on the net. I already extracted the audio of the FULL PERFORMANCE. I'll brake it into sections like i did with the other radio show and upload it for you to download. Shouldn't take me too long now that i have a tool i'll have it done in less than a day. so stay tuned and you'll have it very very soon :D . Thanks for bringing it here.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next