SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post subject: Off-Topic>> Things not directly related to Shivaree
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:18 am 
Site Admin

As the forum grows and we have more members, it will be more of a challenge, as an administrator of the forum, to keep things running smoothly so this thread is for other things not related to Shivaree. As Shivaree fans we may share other things in common or somethings that are totally random that we may want to mention to each other.

But this thread can also be used for things that may indirectly have something to do with Shivaree.
(examples: mention a similar band that you think we may like, compare Shivaree to other music bands, mention a cool song you just heard etc.)

Or as i said before, something completely off-topic (as long as it is not offensive). The purpose of this thread is to make sure our main topics and other threads stay on track. :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Off-Topic>> Things not directly related to Shivaree
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:24 am 
Site Admin

The following was posted by someone a long time ago but was placed on the wrong seccion of the forum. i need to delete his/her original post so i'm putting it here so it doesn't go ignored.
by trdevlin ยป Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:00 am

www.hulu.com/watch/6681/life-tear-asund ... pisode,1,0

Season 1 episode two - tear asunder. Crews is talking to the groom (whom appears has just killed his bride) and a fight breaks out. Shivaree? starts playing @ 4:24... or so i think. it is credited as john 2/14 @

episodeworld.com/show/Life/season=1/english/musicguide#263635

But that is not the song playing. It sounds like it could be Ambrosia but i don't know what song it could be. Can anyone please please please help me with this?

____________________________________________________________________________________

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:25 pm 

What other music do the members of this board enjoy listening to? Shivaree is obviously my favourite band ; second would be a welsh band called Catatonia who split up in 2001 - their lead singer Cerys Matthews is still very active, releasing many albums and doing lot of gigs since 2003.

I also enjoy bands like Tilly and the Wall, The Long Blondes and Emmy the Great.

So - what other artists do people enjoy besides Shivaree?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know much about Catatonia. But i have listened to a few of their songs. I love the song "dead from the waist down". Funny enough, her voice is tiny and sweet like Ambrosia's but with less "uniqueness". I tried listening to the band a bit more to see if it would grab me and it never did. i just enjoy a song here and there. I think my problem is that i try to connect/compare them with Shivaree and to me there is a clear winner that i don't even have to mention.

I'm originally from Mexico (i want to be ambrosia's Mexican Boyfriend, wait, no never mind cuz he's dead), I now live in the USA and i have learned Italian so i really like to expand on music all over the world. I seriously believe that right now Europe has a way better taste in music the the west. I really like a Spanish band called La Oreja de Van Gogh, they are very much like Shivaree but a little more upbeat and in Spanish.

I love Italian singers and as of now i love : Nina Zilli, Negramaro, Le Vibrazioni, Laura Pausini....

But for English language music i really like: Amy Winehouse, Avril Lavigne, Pink, Shakira (better in spanish), and a bunch others that i can't think of right now.. And yes the best for last.... SHIVAREE!! I so love this band.

I will make a point to check out the ones you've mentioned Dave. i always love discovering new music. It's the best thing ever.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:41 am 
Site Admin

Euler wrote:
What other music do the members of this board enjoy listening to? Shivaree is obviously my favourite band ; second would be a welsh band called Catatonia who split up in 2001 - their lead singer Cerys Matthews is still very active, releasing many albums and doing lot of gigs since 2003.

I also enjoy bands like Tilly and the Wall, The Long Blondes and Emmy the Great.

So - what other artists do people enjoy besides Shivaree?

I got a chance to check out these artists on youtube:

Tilly and the Wall - no my cup of tea but still good. reminds a lot of The Concretes.

The Long Blondes - I liked the song "guilt" it was cool. if i gave these a chance i think i can build a taste for it.

Emmy the Great - her voice is pretty cool. it's raw and very warm. unfortunately it has a country music twang that i'm not super fond of. still i think these are pretty nice and relaxing bands.

Thanks for mentioning.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:21 am 
Site Admin

Hi guys, i wanted to share with you a new singer that i just found out about. Her name is Kim Wyman.

I don't know really anything about her but she has a very interesting voice (it's breathy like Ambrosia's but deeper and heavier) and her style is very relaxed like Shivaree. She only has a few songs available from what i can tell. Check them out, i personally liked them quite a bit. Here is the link:

http://kimwayman.bandcamp.com/

my favorite song is "Key".

Anyway, if you don't like it it's all good. i just wanted to share.

Profile E-mail