SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post subject: Second Album "Rough Dreams"
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:14 am 
Site Admin

This topic is to talk about anything that has to do with their "rough dreams" album. As some of us know, This was the second and last album with the Odeon record label. apparently there were disagreements between the band and the lable becuase of the songs that were included in the album were not mainstream enough. It only had 2 singles "john 2/14" and "after the prince and the showgirl".

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Second Album "Rough Dreams"
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:43 am 
Site Admin

Hey, i wanna ask you guys something and hopefully someone can answer it for me.

my copy of "rough dreams" has a small label at the bottom left-hand corner that says "limited edition". also the back of it has writing in a language that i do not recognize (it might be Russian or Turkish but i'm not good with that kind of thing). and the track list is placed side ways instead of vertically. I've seen the album on eBay where the CD does NOT have the "limited edition" label and the track listing is printed vertically with a bar code and English copyright writing.

Anyway, my question is... Are these different print batches? did the company decide to release the CD anyway even after they had broken their contract with Shivaree for not liking their material? Or are they just releases from different countries?

my guess is that after Shivaree had success with their "who's got trouble" album they decided to release it since Shivaree was at their peek and had lots of promotion in Europe.

Anyone know what actually happened?

Profile E-mail