SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shivaree RARE and Unreleased Songs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:01 am 
Site Admin

This topic is for us to discuss Songs that were not released in an official album. There quite a few songs. that were not included in any of their 4 LPs. Here is the list that i have so far... (i've also added all this information on their Wikipedia page).

the following is a list of KNOWN Shivaree songs that were not included in their primary 4 full-length albums.
Last EDIT on 05-01-11:

Studio None-album Songs

1. scrub - was released in the "Goodnight Moon" single in 1999
and then again "Corrupt and Immoral Transmissions" in 2000.

2. My Boy Lollipop - was released in the "Goodnight Moon" single in 1999
and then again "corrupt and immoral transmissions" in 2000.

3. Funeral Song For A Dog - was release only once in the "Bossa Nova" single in 2001.

4. The Snake - was released only once in the "John 2/14" single in May 23, 2002.

5. Fear is a Mans Best Friend - was released in the "John 2/14" single in 2002
and then again in the "Breach" EP in 2004.

6. Strange Boat - was released only once in the "Breach" EP in 2004.

7. 657 Bed B - was released only once in the "Breach" EP in 2004.

8. You Don't Know What Love Is - never released. A 55 second fan-edit clip is available.

Alternate Version of Album songs

1. Bossa Nova (Allskate Mix) - was release only once in "Bossa Nova" single in 2001.

2. Bossa Nova (Album Edit) - was release only once in "Bossa Nova" single in 2001.
It’s very similar to the Version in the album "I Oughtta Give You A Shot In The Head..."
but with an alternate ending to the song. Technically called “(Album Edit)” in the single although it‘s not the exactly the same as the one published in the album.

3. I Close My Eyes (Radio Mix) - was NEVER officially released. This Mix only appeared for its music
video in 2004. This track was only available in a 2 track radio-promo single.

4. I Close My Eyes (Breach Edit) - was released only once in the "Breach" EP in 2004.

5. I Close My Eyes (TV Track) - is a karaoke version of the radio mix of the song. This track was only available in a 2 track radio-promo single.

Official Released live tracks

1. Goodnight Moon (Live) - was release only once in the "Corrupt and Immoral Transmissions" EP in 2000.

2. I Don't Care (Live) - was release in the "Corrupt and Immoral Transmissions" EP in 2000
and then again in the "Bossa nova" single in 2001.

Unreleased Live songs

1. Stroll (Live) - was NEVER released on CD. It is only a live performance at Le Ciel in Grenoble, France on April 25, 2005.

2. Great Balls of Fire (Live) - was an unofficial promo release of "The Black Sessions 2002" (TBS are performances of the live music broadcast on the French Radio station ‘France Inter‘. These are recorded in from of a live audience and featured on a C‘est Lenoir show. A French Radio DJ‘s name is Bernard Lenoir [“Lenoir“ means “black“ in English]). This was released in a CD of only 2500 copies to local radio stations and shops in North America and Europe.

3. Tonight You Belong To Me (Live) - was an unofficial promo release of "The Black Sessions 2002". This was released in a CD of only 2500 copies to local radio stations and shops in North America and Europe.

4. Get Out And Get Under The Moon (Live) - was NEVER released on CD. It is only a live performance at Le Ciel in Grenoble, France on April 25, 2005.

5. Heaven (Live) - Duo with Nada Surf for the emission on "Musicplanet2nite"
in Arte on 03.10.2002 but was NEVER released in a CD.

6. Dedicated Follower Of Fashion (Live) - 2002 information comming soon

7. Hold Me Right (live) - performed at Grenoble.

8. Powder Finger (Live) - performed in Barcelona Spain in 2005

P.S. I have audio files of all of the above except for "Power finger (live)". If anyone has this track please share. :lol:

Because this post was edited on 05-01-11, some of the download links may not include some material quoted above.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Shivaree RARE and Unreleased Songs
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:09 pm 

Well I don't think I can help you.. actually I don't have any of these songs OR any of the EPs, only the 4 main albums, so if you have any idea how I can download some of that material, its greatly appreciated..
thanks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:19 am 
Site Admin

My computer is a bit slow but i'm working on uploading them on to a server. and when i'm done, i'll post a download link here in this thread. Because I love this band, i would like to avoid piracy. For this reason i want to recommend that you PAY for anything that is available to purchase. Shivaree is not a very well known band so a lot of their singles and releases are very rare and limited so therefore, NOT AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE. This is when fans come in...I've created this forum so we can help each other out. I will be placing the files that have all of the tracks listed above. They were very difficult to obtain so i understand why you don't have them. On that note however, i just want to mention that their "Breach" EP is very easy to find and for very very cheap. In amazon you can get it in great condition for under $4.00 (with shipping included!!) THAT IS PREATTY CHEAP.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used

thats the link for buying Breach off of Amazon.com. i'm posting it to encourage suporting the band but i will come back to post links where you can download all of their rare and unreleased songs. please be patient, i'll try to have it done within 12 hours ;)

As of now I have added a link to download all of the Ambrosia Parsley solo songs on the thread "amborsia parsley solo work..." :mrgreen:

but, like i said, i'll be back to post the Shivaree rarities.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:03 am 
Site Admin

O.k finally i was able to upload all of the Shivaree Unreleased tracks and rarities.
Enjoy :mrgreen:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B44GENAO

This file includes all of the tracks listed above except for 19 and 20 (i have never been able to find those songs).
If anyone knows or has those tracks please post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:27 am 

Thanks a lot Fransisco, i don't have "Funeral Song For A Dog"

;-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

:o FINALLY I have something you don't. :lol:

I uploaded that song by itself so you don't have to download the whole file. its rather large so it this way it will be faster for you.
here is the link to download the song by it's self. By the way, it starts off "chopped off" as if the song was not complete but THAT IS JUST THE WAY THE SONG IS. i own the "bosa nova" maxi single and that's how it is on the CD.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N8GBRZS9

Cheers :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

I've finally received the VERY RARE 2 TRACK single of "I close my eyes". Its soooooo coool you guys!!

It goes like this: Track 1 is called "Radio Mix" and basically it's the exact same version that we hear in the music video. Track 2 is tittled "TV Track" (which i thought would be the video version) is actually a KARAOKE version of the video track. Its essentially an instrumental with some back up vocals. Its pretty neat.

I have ripped the CD in FLAC format to maintain the highest quality possible so i can share it with you. This one, however, will be exclusive to REGISTERED users on the forum. All you have to do is send me a personal message on the forum to request it and i will reply with the download link. I do ask that you keep it to yourself and that you ONLY share the download link with other registered users on the forum and ONLY through personal message.

Just a little incentive for passer-byers to register and participate on the forum. ;)

Enjoy it guys and girls.

P.S LIANNE, if you are reading this, when you get the video version track, can you please mount it on to the video like you did before (in a MKV file) and give us another download link? Now that we have the audio in high quality it would be a great time to do it. Thank you in advanced.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:15 am 
Site Admin

I've uploaded the file in high quality and sent the link to our current participating users. If anyone has any trouble please let me know. :geek:

Profile E-mail