SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fourth Ablum "Tainted Love..."
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:23 am 
Site Admin

Shivaree's fourth full length album. An all-covers album that had a strange combinations from Michael Jackson's "don't stop till you get enough" and R.Kelley's "half on a baby". What do you think about the album in general, the songs, the choices that were made.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Fourth Ablum "Tainted Love..."
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:55 am 
Site Admin

I felt the urge to make my personal review of this album. so here it goes....

This is definitely my LEAST favorite Album of Shivaree. I feel some songs are lacking a lot of inspiration.

Paradise - my favorite song on the album. i sound like Shivaree and it sounds like she actually wanted to do this cover.

wanna be your driver - cool song. the lyrics are fun and sexy which is a great shivaree-like song. the problem with this song for me is that it's fuzzed out. i don't like the fact that you can't hear it very well. i know it's intened but i leaves me wanting to hear a clear sounding song. :?

half on a baby - my next best song. i love this song because it's sensual and very different. it's a bit on the R&B side which is not like shivaree but still love it.

don't stop till you get enough - I WANT IT TO STOP!!! :evil: this one is so repetitive that i just can't listen for anymore than a minute.

would you lay w/ me - nice lyrics but music doesn't go anywhere.

hello i'm back again - cool song. it reminds me the beatles. this one is refreshing.

My heart belongs to you - LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I love Benjamin's voice. he has a so sexy voice that i can listen to forever.

Cold blooded - song is average. i usually skip it but if i'm in the mood it's an enjoyable song.

looks that kill - same as cold blooded.

Shame on you and Irene goodnight - they sound so much alike that i had to review them together and give them an average rating.

What do you think. i really wish shivaree should have stuck to doing their own songs but if they were going to make an album like this one, they should have stuck with better songs. "Woman is the nigger of the world" would be amazing in studio quality.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:45 pm 

I feel exactly the same way about this album - it is definitely my least favourite of the four they've released and definitely the one I listen to least. In fact, I cannot recall the last time I listened to it all the way through. And for much the same reasons...I enjoy Shivaree most when they are doing their own work. I just find this album incredibly hard to listen to and it doesn't 'grab' me in the same way as the others.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Yep! Agreed. I really wanted original Shivaree material but it actually doesn't bother me that they would do covers for this album. I just wish they would have picked better songs to cover in the first place.

For example: in their live performances and radio appearances they have covered some really awesome songs like "woman is the nigger of the world", "dedicated follower of fashion", "tonight you belong to me", "Heaven", "Stroll" and some others. I absolutely love those songs sang by Ambrosia and i wish they would have taken the time to record them in the studio.

And... I have a HUGE feeling that they KNEW this would be their final album together (as Shivaree). I say that becuase there was very little promotion, only one single, no "real" tour etc. If this was a goodbye album i really wish they would have recorded the songs they did covers of during their tours and appearances. This to me indicates that they actually liked and enjoyed the songs they were covering instead of making a theme about creepy men and picking songs around that topic. :lol:

Profile E-mail