SHIVAREE &

All times are UTC

Post subject: ght for their best players,
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:36 am 

CHICAGO -- This time, Niklas Backstrom made it through warm-ups without any injuries. It was the start of one nice night for the goalie and the Minnesota Wild. Backstrom made 33 saves in his first win of the season and the Wild defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 5-3 on Saturday in a rematch of their first-round playoff series. "I think I just play every game the same," Backstrom said. "You try to go out there and play your best. Be at your best for your team and your teammates when they need you. I think thats the way Im looking at it." But this one was quite a turnaround from the playoffs, when Backstrom was scratched from Game 1 in Chicago after he hurt his leg reaching for a puck during warm-ups. That was it for Backstrom for the series, and Chicago eliminated Minnesota in five games on the way to its second Stanley Cup title in four seasons. "Its a new season, its a new team," said Backstrom, dismissing any talk about the post-season meeting. "So theres no reason to sit around, we try to learn this year." Jason Pominville had two goals in his 600th career game as Minnesota earned its third consecutive win. Zach Parise, Kyle Brodziak and Justin Fontaine also scored for the Wild, and Ryan Suter and Mikael Granlund had two assists apiece. Bryan Bickell scored for the fourth consecutive game for the Blackhawks, who had recorded at least one point in each of their past seven games. Patrick Kane added his team-best sixth goal in the third period. "Its nice scoring, but most importantly, its nice to score when youre winning," Bickell said. "Tonight was a rough game for the team, defensively and offensively." Chicago committed five of the 12 penalties in the game and went 1 for 7 on the power play. It has allowed 11 goals in the past two games. "Its two games in a row we gave up five goals and more," captain Jonathan Toews said. "Its one thing that people are talking about us not scoring as much, but sometimes you dont need to score than many to win if youre playing smart defensively." Backstrom was terrific in his first start since he strained his right knee during a 3-2 loss at Nashville on Oct. 8. He came off the bench when Josh Harding suffered a lower-body injury Thursday night and stopped all seven shots that he faced during the third period of a 3-1 home win against Carolina. The 35-year-old Backstrom was particularly hard on Patrick Sharp, turning him away on one strong rush in the first, and making another nice stop on the forward during a Blackhawks power play in the second. He also made a couple of saves on Marian Hossa. "He made some big saves, especially in the second when they started making a pretty good push," Brodziak said. "He did an unbelievable job and that gave us a good opportunity to be able to extend the lead." Parise had a power-play rebound goal in the first and Brodziak made it 2-0 when he tipped Marco Scandellas long shot past Corey Crawford just 63 seconds into the second period. The Blackhawks looked as if they had their first score when Jeremy Morins shot went off Backstroms left shoulder, popped into the air and trickled over the line following a scrum in front of the net. But the goal was waived off when a long replay review showed Andrew Shaw made contact with the puck with his stick while it was over the crossbar. Bickells wrist shot through Backstroms legs cut it to 2-1 at 13:46, but Granlund set up Pominville with 2:18 to go in the period. Granlund then turned Nick Leddys turnover into another Pominville goal at 9:18 of the third, giving Minnesota a 4-1 lead. "There have been chances and they havent gone in and you know its just a matter for time before theyre going to go in," Wild coach Mike Yeo said, praising the Granlund-Pominville connection. "When youve got a guy who can shoot the puck like that and a guy who can distribute it like that, you sure like to think its going to eventually pay off, and tonight was a great example of that." Marcus Kruger scored his first goal of the season with 30 seconds left, but that was it for the Blackhawks in their second straight loss. Crawford finished with 20 saves. NOTES: The Blackhawks and Wild play again in Minnesota on Monday night. ... Sharp finished with seven shots on goal. ... Blackhawks C Michal Handzus sat out with an upper-body injury. The 36-year-old forward has a goal and two assists in nine games this season. ... Handzus, F Ben Smith and D Sheldon Brookbank were scratched for Chicago. ... In addition to Harding, Ds Keith Ballard and Jonas Brodin were scratched for the Wild. Cheap Nike Air Max .J. -- The Houston Astros had the No. Cheap Air Max China 2017 . - A lot of scenarios ran through Terrell Suggs head when the Baltimore linebacker prepared to face the Pittsburgh Steelers. http://www.cheapairmaxchina.us/. Horford is out 3-to-4 months with a torn pectoral muscle for the Hawks, who have won two straight and five of six games. Atlanta improved to 2-0 on the residency with Saturdays 93-91 triumph over Minnesota, as Ivan Johnson scored his teams final four points, including the game-winning free throw with 4. Nike Air max Shoes China . Grilli hasnt pitched since straining his left oblique in late April. Manager Clint Hurdle says the right-hander will make a couple of appearances in middle relief before the team determines whether to return Grilli to the back end of the bullpen. Wholesale Air Max Shoes China . A spokeswoman for the NLRB says its "a very incremental move" and does not necessarily indicate the board is close to a finding in the case. NFL owners filed an unfair labour charge against the players union in February, arguing that the union was not negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement in good faith.Jose Mourinho has said Manchester United are keeping their options open in the transfer market following reports they are set to sign Paul Pogba. According to Sky in Italy, United had an £85m bid for Pogba rejected by Juventus on Tuesday, although Mourinho has since refused to confirm or deny whether the France international is a target.The Serie A champions reportedly told Manchester United a world-record fee in excess of £100m would be accepted. Would Pogba transform Utd? Would Paul Pogba transform Manchester United? We take a look... When asked by Sky Sports News HQ if he would have a problem spending that kind of sum on one player, Mourinho said United are in a comfortable financial position but would not leave themselves in the hands of one [selling] club.He said: It is the power of Man United but it is also the power of football because in this moment the market is going in such a direction where I never know what is expensive, I never know what is cheap. Pogba helped France to the final of Euro 2016, where they lost to Portugal Because what one season is very expensive, the next season is very cheap, so the market is going in that direction.We are in a comfortable position but we know what it is wrong and what is right. We know what the balance is and, I repeat, we are not going to be only focusing on one player. Mourinho has made three signings since taking charge of Man Utd We are not going to be in the hands of one club that may sell and maybe doesnt sell. We need a fourth player with a certain profile and were going to get it.Everybody speaks about one, but it wouldnt be a surprise for me if it is not him and it is another one because we went for profile. Mata not expected to leave Mourinho says Spaniard has place in his Man Utd squad We have two more options in front of us and we are going to close one.Manchester United have signed three players this summer - Eric Bailly, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic - and Mourinho says 75 per cent of the clubs business is done. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is set to link up with Man Utd next Sunday after a post-Euro 2016 break However, he anticipates a battle to secure his fourth signing, suggesting other clubs are involved for his main midfield target.I am not going to try to make you naive and believe that we are not trying for one player, he added. You have smoke, you have fire - you used to say something like that, right? Pogba shows off his basketball skills at the expense of Romelu Lukaku Sky Sports Fantasy Football Who makes your VI this season? Pick your team here to win the £25k jackpot.dddddddddddd First of all, we know the player belongs to another club, which is not a small club. It is also a big club, one with economic power to fight for their best players, to try and keep their best players.Apart from that, we know other clubs are also involved and for us it is not, Are we going to win the race or lose the race? It is not a race, it is just the market.When you go to the market, you have other options. You cannot focus on one, so we are in a very comfortable situation. Manchester United are currently in China on a pre-season tour Manchester United arrived in China for their pre-season tour on Wednesday but executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward was not on the plane.He reportedly stayed back to work on negotiations over Pogba, and Mourinho said the pair enjoy a good working relationship in a difficult transfer market.He added: My relationship with Mr Woodward is very good, it is very open. I never create a kind of situation for him that is black or white. It is not black or white, I give him options. Heres a look at the stats behind Pogba, who could become the most expensive player in world football Since day one I tried to be pragmatic in my analysis, I try to give him different options so hes not feeling the pressure that, I need to get this player because this is the player the manager wants.The manager is trying to make things quite simple for everyone. The market is already difficult.My board doesnt need that pressure to come from the manager. My board needs to be calm, feel that we have other options. Also See: Utds Pogba bid rejected Would Pogba transform Utd? Becks on Jose, Pep and the title Jose: Sam needs support Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Profile E-mail